Shiv Nadar’s Biography
Indian industrialist and philanthropist Shiv Nadar. He established both the Shiv Nadar Foundation and HCL Technologies Limited, where he now serves as chairman emeritus. In the middle of the 1970s, Nadar founded HCL. He consistently changed the company’s focus throughout the ensuing three decades in order to turn the IT hardware industry into an IT enterprise.
Through the Shiv Nadar Foundation, he has concentrated his efforts on improving India’s educational system since the mid-1990s. With an estimated net worth of $23.9 billion as of July 6, 2022, He is the third richest person in India and the 60th richest person in the world, according to Forbes. Nadar received the Padma Bhushan in 2008 in recognition of his work in the IT sector. Shiv Nadar’s birthplace is Moolaipozhi, Tamil Nadu. Shiv Nadar’s zodiac sign is Cancer. Shiv Nadar’s height is 1.73m or 5’7” in inches. Shiv Nadar’s religion is Hinduism.
Shiv Nadar Wiki Profile
|Shiv Nadar Net worth||$28.7 Billion|
|Shiv Nadar Net worth In Indian Rupees||2.09 Lakh Crore|
|Salary||2 Billion +|
|Monthly Income||160 Million +|
|Shiv Nadar Age||78Yrs|
|Date of Birth:||July 14, 1945|
Shiv Nadar’s Age
Shiv Nadar’s birthday is on 14 July 1945. Shiv Nadar’s age is 78 years as of 2023.
Shiv Nadar’s Education
Shiv Nadar attended Kumbakonam’s Town Higher Secondary School. Additionally, he attended Madurai’s Elango Corporation Higher Secondary School. In June 1955, he was accepted into the first form, and he attended Town High School there until June 1957. Later, he enrolled at St. Joseph Boys Higher Secondary School in Trichy, where he finished high school. Nadar graduated from the American College in Madurai with a pre-university diploma and the PSG College of Technology in Coimbatore with a degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Facts Related To Shiv Nadar
- Indian IT pioneer Shiv Nadar cofounded HCL in a garage in 1976 to make calculators and microprocessors with five friends.
- Today, his $11.8 billion (revenue) HCL Technologies is among India’s largest software services providers.
- In July 2020, he stepped down as chairman of HCL Technologies, handing over the position to his daughter, Roshni Nadar Malhotra. He’s now chairman emeritus and strategic advisor.
- HCL Technologies, which employs 211,000 people in 52 countries worldwide, hires high school grads and trains them on the job.
- One of India’s leading philanthropists, Nadar has donated $1.1 billion to his Shiv Nadar Foundation, which backs education-related causes.
Education and Healthcare
Sivasubramaniya Nadar, Nadar’s father, was the inspiration behind the establishment of SSN College of Engineering in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, in 1996. Nadar actively participated in campus events, including giving the institution shares of HCL valued Rs. 1 million. Nadar stated in 2006 that the institution will support research in addition to making sure that students benefited from collaborations with foreign universities. In 2005, Nadar became a member of the Indian School of Business’ executive board.
The establishment of two Vidyagyan schools in Uttar Pradesh for rural students, where 200 students from 50 different districts will receive free scholarships, was announced by Nadar’s SSN Trust in March 2008. In February 2011, he paid a visit to Town Higher Secondary School and made an 80 lakh rupee donation of computers and other equipment. Up till 2014, he presided over the board of governors at the technical institute Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
Shiv Nadar’s Net Worth
According to estimates for 2022, Shiv Nadar’s total net worth will be $25.9 billion US, or 199316 crores in Indian Rupees. One of India’s wealthiest individuals, Shiv Nadar, is the owner of a lavish Rolls Royce Phantom Series 8 EWB. The most recent purchase made by Shiv Nadar is this. Shiv Nadar also owns a Rolls-Royce Phantom 7 EWB. In the Shiv Nadar garage is yet another expensive piece of machinery. He also owns a Mercedes 500 SEL AMG, a Jaguar XJL, and a Bentley Mulsanne EWB in addition to them.
HCL Chairman Shiv Nadar paid Rs 115 crore for a mansion in Delhi’s Friends Colony East neighbourhood, making it one of the most expensive real estate transactions in the national capital in recent memory. One of the greatest transactions in recent memory took place in a part of Delhi outside of the prized Lutyens Bungalow Zone (LBZ), which is home to prominent politicians and successful businesspeople, and where sales of over a hundred crore rupees are common.
Shiv Nadar’s Awards
2007: E&Y named Shiv Nadar Entrepreneur of the Year for 2007. (Services)
2007: He was given an honorary doctorate by Madras University.
2008: For his contributions to the IT sector, the Indian government gave Nadar a Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civilian honour.
2011: He was one of Forbes’ 48 Asia Pacific Heroes of Philanthropy.
2017: Nadar was named 16th on the list of India’s 50 most influential persons in 2017 by India Today magazine.
Biography of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
Shiv Nadar’s Interesting Facts
- Shiv Nadar carries the moniker Magus, which translates as Wizard.
- Shiv Nadar received the third-highest civilian honour, the Padma Bhushan, in 2008.
- Shiv Nadar’s brother is Ramanichandran. He writes novels in Tamil. In the Tamil language, he is now a best-selling novelist.
- Indian industrialist and billionaire Shiv Nadar is renowned for developing the multinational IT company HCL Technologies as well as for his philanthropic work and generous gifts.
- Nadar was elected to the Indian School of Business executive board in 2005.
- Shiv Nadar stated in 2006 that the institution is concentrating on enhancing and promoting its own research as well as providing students with advantages from collaborations with overseas colleges.
- For children in rural areas, the trust decided to open two Vidyagyan schools in Uttar Pradesh in 2008. The school provided scholarships to 200 students from more than fifty districts in Uttar Pradesh.
- Shiv Nadar visited his school, Town Higher Secondary School, in February 2011 and donated 80 lakhs of rupees worth of computers and other equipment.
Shiv Nadar Social Profile
FAQ Related to Shiv Nadar
How much does Shiv Nadar Net worth have in the bank?
Indian businessman Shiv Nadar Net worth several billion dollars. He started the Shiv Nadar Foundation and is the chairman of HCL Technologies Limited.
Where did Shiv Nadar get his start?
Shiv Nadar was born in 1945 in the village of Moolaipozhi in the Tamil Nadu district of Thoothukudi. He is now worth more than $10 billion.
Who is Shiv Nadar’s wife?
Shiv is married to Kiran Nadar, and Shiv Nadar have a daughter together.