Udit Narayan Biography
Udit Narayan was born on 1 December 1955 (age 68 years; as in 2023) in the Baisi village of Supaul District, Bihar. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He moved to Mumbai on a musical scholarship for Nepalese through Indian Embassy in Nepal to study classical music at Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan. There, he was mentored by ‘Pandit Dinkar Kaikini.’
Udit Narayan Wiki Profile
|Real Name||Udit Narayan Jha|
|Nickname||Udit and King of Melody|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 165 cm|
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5½”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 70 kg|
in Pounds- 154.3 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 37 Inches|
– Waist: 30 Inches
– Biceps: 12 Inches
|Date of Birth||1 December 1955|
|Age (as in 20233)||68 Years|
|Birth Place||Bhardaha, Saptari, Nepal|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Bhardaha, Saptari, Nepal|
|School||Shree public Bindeshawari Secondary School , Rajbiraj, Nepal|
Ratna Rajya Laxmi Campus, Kathmandu, Nepal
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||Unees Bees (1980)|
|Family||Father– Hare Krishna Jha (Farmer)|
Mother– Bhuwaneshwari Devi (Singer)
|Controversies||In 2006, Ranjana Jha, from Bihar claimed that she is his first wife. Initially, he denied her statement, but later accepted her as his wife.|
|Favourite Food||Not Known|
|Favourite Actor||Not Known|
|Favourite Actress||Not Known|
|Favourite Musician||Lata Mangeshkar, Alka Yagnik, A.R Rahman, Uttam Singh and Rajesh Roshan and Ismail Durbar|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Ranjana Narayan Jha (1984-85)|
Deepa Narayan Jha (Singer, 1985)
Udit Narayan Education
He did his schooling from Shree Public Bindeshawari Secondary School, Rajbiraj, Nepal. Udit finished his SSC from Jageshwar High School, Kunauli, Supaul, Bihar and obtained his intermediate degree from Ratna Rajya Lakshmi Campus, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Family, Caste & Wife
Udit Narayan’s father, Harekrishna Jha (Nepali) was a farmer, and his mother, Bhuvaneshwari Jha (Indian) was a folk singer, who encouraged his career.
He was in a relationship with Deepa Narayan while being married to his first wife, Ranjana. Narayan and Deepa (singer) got married in 1985, and the couple has a son named Aditya Narayan, who is also a playback singer.
Narayan was one of Bollywood’s most well-known vocalists in the 1990s and the early 2000s. For several Bollywood stars, he has given the on-screen vocals. He also worked with many Bollywood celebrities, including Amitabh Bachchan, Rajesh Khanna, Dev Anand, Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, and Ajay Devgan. He frequently performs duets with Alka Yagnik.
Some of hit songs by Udit Narayan
Papa Kehte Hain – Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988)
Ae Mere Humsafar – Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988)
Mera Dil Tere Liye – Aashiqui (1989)
Mujhe Neend Na Aaye – Dil (1990)
Humne Ghar Chhoda Hai – Dil (1990)
Koyal Si Teri Boli – Beta (1991)
Dhak Dhak Karne Laga – Beta (1991)
Pehla Nasha – Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992)
Jadu Teri Nazar – Darr (1993)
Phoolon Sa Chehra Tera – Anari (1993)
Tu Cheez Badi Hai MAst Mast – Mohra (1994)
Radha Kaise Na Jale – Lagaan (2001)
Udhja Kaale Kawwa – Gadar (2001)
Jaane Kyon – Dil Chahta Hai (2001)
Woh Chand Jaisi Ladki – Devdas (2002)
Tere Naam – Tere Naam (2003)
Koi Mil Gaya – Koi Mil Gaya (2003)
Idhar Chala Main Udhar Chala – Koi Mil Gaya (2003)
Main Yahan Hoon – Veer Zaara (2004)
Aisa des hai mera -Veer Zaara (2004)
Yeh hum aa gaye hai kahan – Veer Zaara (2004)
Yeh Tara Woh Tara – Swades (2004)
Khaike paan banaraswala – Don – The Chase Begins Again (2006)
Read more: Biography of Arijit Singh
Biography of Shahrukh Khan in Hindi
Udit Narayan Award and Honours
Narayan received four National Film Awards and five Filmfare Awards in his career. Apart from this, he has won many other prestigious awards and honours.
- In 2001, he received Prabal Gorkha Dakshina Bahu, one of Nepal’s highest civil honours, from King Birendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev and the Fourth Class of the Prestigious Order of Gorkha Dakshina Bahu (Order of Gorkha Right Arm).
- In 2006, he was awarded the Samrat Vikramaditya Sangeet Alankaran Samman.
- In 2009, he achieved the Padma Shri, the fourth-highest civil honour, by the Indian government.
- In 2010, he got Mohammed Rafi Award.
- In 2011, he received Maharashtra Ratna Award from the Maharashtra Government.
- He was given 2014’s Bhojpuri Award for his outstanding performance in the Bhojpuri business.
- He was part of the Dr Ambedkar Award ceremony in Mumbai in 2015. He was awarded the BIFA award in the same year. Later, he secured first place in Chitragupta Cineyatra Film Award.
- In 2016, he was given the Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civil honour, by the Indian government.
- The National Lata Mangeshkar Award for Madhya Pradesh and the National Bravery Award for Maharashtra was presented to him at Raj Bhavan in the same year (2016). Also, he further continued with Swabhimani Mumbaikar Award, Radio Mirchi Award and Special Jury Salute Award.
- Awards for Lifetime Achievement
- Kalashri Lifetime Achievement Award, 2010.
- Award of the 2006’s Sahara Awadh Samman.
- Suryadatta National Lifetime Achievement Award, 2016.
Some lesser known facts about Udit Narayan
- Does Udit Narayan smoke?: No
- Does Udit Narayan drink alcohol?: yes
- Udit began his career as a staff artiste for “Radio Nepal” show.
- He has sung more than 15,000 songs in 32 languages like Hindi, Kannada, Nepali, Urdu, Bhojpuri, Garhwali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Oriya, Assamese, Maithili, Bengali, etc.
- His first song in Bollywood was “Mil Gaya Mil Gaya” from in 180s “Unees Bees”, which was composed by Rajesh Roshan.
- His breakthorough came in 1988 with super-hit songs in film “Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak.”
- He acted in Nepali films “Kusume Rumal” and “Pirati.”
- He ha received presigious awards like 3 National Film Awards, 5 Filmfare Awards and Padma Shri Award.
- He and his wife Deepa, sung together in a pop album called ” Dil Deewana.”
- In 2011, he sang a song “Dulhe Raja” in a Hollywood film “When Harry Tries to Marry.”
- He sang the song “Dulhe Raja” in an English independent movie “When Harry Tries to Marry” in 2011.
- He and his wife Deepa sang together in a pop album “Dil Deewana.”
- He has also acted in the Nepalese films “Kusume Rumal” and “Pirati” in 1985.
- Udit Narayan was the friend of ‘Chitragupta,’ the veteran music composer and Anand-Milind’s father. He was introduced to Chitragupta through the lyricist Anjaan. Chitragupt not only gave Udit work in the Bhojpuri films but also recommended him as a singer for Anand-Milind’s film “Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988).”
- When he was in Nepal, an official in Indian Consulate in Nepal asked Udit to learn Indian classical music and even arranged the scholarship for him to study at Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan, Mumbai.
- When he was a child, Udit used to sing for 25 paise at small village fairs in Nepal.