Rahul Gandhi Biography
On 19 June 1970, Rahul Gandhi was born in Delhi. He had spent his early childhood days in Delhi, the political centre of India, and Dehradun, a town situated in between the valley of the Himalayas and the Shivaliks. He is in charge of the party student wing National Students Union of India (NSU) and the youth wing Indian Youth Congress (IYC).
No doubt he belongs to the family of stalwarts who held important positions in Indian political history. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru was his great-grandfather and the first Prime Minister of Independent India. Indira Gandhi, his great-grandmother was a very influential and powerful lady who became the first and only woman Prime Minister of India.
Rahul Gandhi Wiki Profile
Read more: Biography of Vladimir Putin
Biography of Khan Sir in Hindi
Rahul Gandhi Education
Rahul Gandhi completed his primary education in New Delhi and Dehradun. Later, he chose homeschooling due to some security concerns. Subsequently, Mr. Gandhi pursued his under graduation from St. Stephen’s College; and then, moved to Harvard University. After that, Gandhi was transferred to Rollins College in Florida. In 1994, Gandhi earned graduation degree and next year, he obtained M.Phil. degree from Cambridge University. I
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rahul Gandhi
- Does Rahul Gandhi smoke?: No
- Does Rahul Gandhi drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Rahul was born as the 1st of the 2 children of Rajiv Gandhi and Italy-born Sonia Gandhi in New Delhi, India.
- He is the grandson of late Indira Gandhi (Former Prime Minister of India) and Feroze Gandhi.
- He is the great-grandson of India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Because of the Sikh extremism after Indira Gandhi’s assassination, Rahul was mostly home-schooled along with his sister.
- After his father’s assassination in 1991, he shifted to Rollins College from Harvard University due to security reasons.
- After graduation, Rahul Gandhi worked at a management consulting firm in London, Monitor Group; this was his first job, and his first pay cheque was around £2500 or £3000.
- He became one of the directors of Backops Services Private Ltd (a Mumbai-based technology outsourcing firm).
- In 2004, he announced to take part in the active politics and contested his first Lok Sabha election from Amethi constituency in Uttar Pradesh and won with a victory margin of over 1 lakh.
- Rahul Gandhi didn’t hold any position in the Indian National Congress until 2006.
- In December 2017, Rahul Gandhi was elected the President of the Indian National Congress. He was elected unopposed as no other candidate filed his nomination.
- When Rahul Gandhi visited Singapore in 2018, his government’s development (in Congress Regimes) was questioned by a journalist.
- On 21 July 2018, during his speech in parliament, he unexpectedly hugged PM Narendra Modi and winked towards party colleagues.
Rahul Gandhi Social Profile
FAQs Related to Rahul Gandhi
What is the educational qualification of Rahul Gandhi?
M.Phil. As per the information provided by him in the affidavit at the time of nomination for the last election, Rahul Gandhi declared that he has obtained a Master of Philosophy degree in Developmental Studies from Trinity college of Cambridge in 1995.
Where was Rahul Gandhi born?
Rahul Gandhi was born in New Delhi.
How much is the net worth of Rahul Gandhi?
According to the affidavit submitted by him during the last election he fought, Rahul Gandhi’s net asset is valued to ₹15.17 Crore. He has assets worth ₹15.89 Crore and Liabilities ₹ 72.02 Lakhs.
Is Rahul Gandhi married?
No, as per the information available to us, he is not married so far.