About Ratan Tata
One of the most influential Indians of recent times, Ratan Tata is one of the most celebrated names in the Indian business fraternity. Known for his strong business ethics, philanthropy, and vision for a better and stronger India, Ratan Tata served as the chairman of the Tata Group for 21 long years.
He successfully increased the company’s revenues and profits multi-fold during his chairmanship. His words and Ratan Tata quotes inspire Indians who want to build businesses as well as those who strive for success in their lives.
- Born in 1937, Ratan Tata is the great-grandson of Jamsetji Tata (JRD Tata) who founded the Tata group
- As per data, the revenues of Tata Group grew over 40 times, and profit over 50 times during the time Ratan Tata was the chairman.
- Ratan Tata firmly believes that a person’s attitude and mindset can make or break them
Born in 1937, Tata is the great-grandson of Jamsetji Tata who founded the Tata group. Ratan Tata is known for his contribution in transforming the Tata group under his chairmanship. As per data, the revenues of Tata group grew over 40 times, and profit over 50 times during the time he was the chairman.
Some of his notable achievements include moments when he got Tata Tea to acquire Tetley, Tata Motors to acquire Jaguar Land Rover, and Tata Steel to acquire Corus in an attempt to turn Tata group into a global business enterprise. Tata is well known for his business ethics and philanthropy.
1. “People still believe what they read is necessarily the truth.”
2. “I don’t believe in taking right decisions. I take decisions and then make them right.”
For entrepreneurs, some decisions can make or break anything. Ratan Tata firmly believes that sometimes you have to make the decisions and prove them right rather than taking the right decisions. Entrepreneurs and innovators are questioned every time they wish to venture into a new zone and a lot of people stress the importance of taking the ‘right decisions’. However, sometimes the best way is to make a decision and then work to make it right.
3. “Take the stones people throw at you. And use them to build a monument.”
Criticism and judgement are inevitable and no matter what you do or how well you do it, there will always be someone who is not pleased or satisfied. A lot of people give up when they are criticised and are not supported. In fact, a lot of innovative people give up on their dreams because there are a million voices telling them that it won’t work. However, Tata believes the one should take the criticism in stride and use it as a tool to fuel their efforts. Every piece of criticism can be turned into a success story which is what one should try to do rather than giving up when people are hoping that you would.
4. “If you want to walk fast, walk alone. But if you want to walk far, walk together”
Teamwork makes the dream work and this is what Tata believes as well. While alone you might walk faster and reach the destination quicker, together one can walk and far and achieve more. There is so much more one can achieve when they have a solid support system and people around them who they can trust and rely on. No matter how brilliant you are, if you are alone you might not achieve what a great team can achieve when they are working towards a common goal with passion and dedication. Treat your team right and it might just be the one things which can help you achieve greatness.
5. “None can destroy iron, but its own rust can. Likewise, none can destroy a person but his own mindset can.”
6. “Business need to go beyond the interest of their companies to the communities they serve.”
7. “I’ve often felt that the Indian Tiger has not been unleashed.”
Also read: Biography of Mukesh Ambani
Biography of Sandeep Maheshwari in Hindi