Mithali Raj Biography
Born 3 December 1982 in Jodhpur of Rajasthan, Mithali Raj is an Indian right-hand batter. Presently, she is the captain of Indian Women’s Cricket team in Tests and ODIs. She is often considered as one of the best women cricketers in the world who took Women cricket to the peak. She is the only women cricketer in the world who has scored more than 10,000 runs in International matches. She is the first women cricketer to complete 20 years in International cricket.
Mithali Raj Wiki Profile
|Full Name||Mithali Dorai Raj|
|Born||December 03, 1982|
|Place of Birth||Jodhpur, Rajasthan|
|Parents(s)||Father: Dorai Raj Mother: Leela Raj|
|Batting Style||Right-hand bat|
|Playing Role||Top-order batter|
|Teams||Air India Women, Asia Women XI, India Blue Women, India Women logo, India Women, Velocity|
Mithali Raj Networth
Mithali Raj has a net worth of $4.9 million dollars or INR 36 crore in 2023. The legendary batter is one of the highest-paid women cricketers in the world right now. Her annual income is approx INR 4 crore. She gets INR 3.2 lakh per One Day Internationals and INR 4.6 lakh per Test match from BCCI.
Mithali Raj Family
- Mithali Dorai Raj was born on 3 December 1982 in Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
- Mithali’s father Dorai Raj was an Airman (warrant officer) in the Indian Air force. Her mother’s name is Leela Raj.
- She started cricket coaching & practice with her brother from her school days.
Mithali Raj Career
- During her play for Railways in the domestic competition, she played with stars like Purnima Rau, Anjum Chopra & Anju Jain for Air India.
- Mithali made her ODI debut on 26 June 1999 against Ireland and scored a cracking 114 runs in her debut match.
- On 14 January 2002, she made her Test debut against England at Lucknow, India. Unfortunately, it wasn’t meant to be a dream debut and she was run-out for a duck.
- On 17 August 2002, at the age of 19, in her third Test, she broke Karen Rolton’s record of the world’s highest individual Test score of 209*, scoring a new high of 214.
- Mithali was ill with a strain of typhoid during the CricInfo Women’s World Cup in 2002 and left out of the team.
- Raj led India to their first World Cup final in 2005, in South Africa, where they met Australia in the finals and lost the match.
- Mithali Raj led the Indian team to the finals in the 2005 Women’s Cricket World Cup where the team lost to Australia.
- In August 2006, she led the side to their first-ever Test and Series victory in England.
- Raj made her T20 debut on 5 August 2006 against England, scoring 28 off 37 balls.
- In September 2019, Mithali Raj has retired from T20I Cricket.
Mithali Raj Achievements and records
- She is the second women cricketer to score more than 5000 runs in ODI matches.
- Mithali became the first female cricketer to win the “Wisden Indian Cricketer of Year” award in 2015.
- Mithali is the first woman cricketer who scored 7 consecutive fifties in ODI. Overall, Javed Miandad is the only player ahead of Mithali who scored 9 consecutive fifties.
- Mithali holds the record for the 2nd highest scores in women’s test cricket with 214 runs.
- She is the highest run-scorer in ODIs i.e. 6888 runs. She surpassed Charlotte Edwards of England with 5992 runs.
- During India’s series against New Zealand in 2019, she became the first woman to play 200 ODI matches.
- Mithali is the first captain to lead India to the ICC ODI World Cup final twice – 2005 and 2017.
- She became the first player to score 6,000 runs in WODIs in July 2017.
- She is the first Indian and 5th female cricketer to score more than 1,000 World Cup runs.
- Mithali became the first Indian Woman batter to score 2000 runs in T20I cricket.
- Mithali Raj becomes the first Indian woman cricketer and second internationally to complete 10,000 runs across all formats.
Mithali Raj Awards
- She was honored with the “Arjuna Award” in the year 2003 for her prolific performances in the sport.
- She received the prestigious “Padma Shri” Award in the year 2015.
- In 2015, Mithali was named in Wisden Indian Cricketer of the year.
- In 2017, she became the Vogue Sportsperson of the Year.
- Youth Sports Icon of Excellence Award for 2017.
- She was named as one of the players in ICC Women’s ODI Team of the Year in December 2017.
- Listed on BBC 100 Women list in 2017.
- In November 2020, Raj was nominated for the Rachael Heyhoe-Flint Award for ICC Female Cricketer of the Decade, and the award for women’s ODI cricketer of the decade.
More read : Virat Kohli Biography
Mithali Raj Batting Stats
Mithali Raj Bowling Stats
Mithali Raj Social Profile
FAQs Related to Mithali Raj
Is Mithali Raj Married?
the Indian woman cricketer Mithali Raj has not yet married.
Who is Mithali Raj Boyfriend?
Inspite of not getting married Mithali Raj has not yet named anyone as her boyfriend.
What is Mithali Raj’s Mother Tongue?
Mithali Raj’s mother tongue is Tamil. Despite having the birthplace of Jodhpur, Rajasthan Raj’s father is a Tamilian.
What is the salary of Mithali Raj?
Mithali Raj earns 30 Lakhs INR per year.
When did Mithali Raj receive Arjuna Award?
Mithali was presented with Arjuna Award in 2003 for prolific performance in sports.